This hearty and flavourful Tomato Carrot Soup with Meatballs is warm, comforting and perfect for those cozy evenings. With trusty ingredients like brown onion, carrots, garlic, and diced tomatoes, simmered in a rich chicken stock and seasoned with aromatic oregano, this soup is a true crowd-pleaser.
Ingredients for this Tomato Carrot Soup
- Olive oil
- Brown onion
- Can Diced tomatoes
- Chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chicken mince
- 2 Eggs
- Fresh breadcrumbs
- Low fat yoghurt
- Crusty bread
Main steps for velvety soup recipe
35 minutes and only 4 steps
- Make the tomato carrot soup
Begin by sautéing onions, carrots, and garlic until tender. Pour in all liquids and add oregano; bring to a boil and let it simmer. Cool slightly and blend until smooth.
- Make the chicken meatballs
As the fragrant soup bubbles away on the stove, get ready to whip up some sensational chicken meatballs. Combining chicken mince with fresh basil, garlic, egg, and breadcrumbs, these bite-sized delights are cooked to golden perfection in a lightly oiled frying pan.
Once the soup is blended to silky smoothness, gently reintroduce the chicken meatballs and let them simmer in the flavourful broth until cooked through.
The result? A bowlful of pure comfort, topped with a dollop of low-fat yogurt and a sprinkle of extra basil. Serve this outrageously tasty chicken meatball soup with some crusty bread on the side, and you’ve got yourself a soul-soothing meal that’s warm, inviting, and ready in just 35 minutes
Quick tips for this recipe:
- Prep Ahead for Ease: Chop onions, carrots, and garlic in advance to streamline the cooking process. You can also prepare the meatball mixture ahead and refrigerate, making it a quick weeknight meal.
- Customise Meatball Size: Tailor the size of the chicken meatballs based on your preference. Smaller meatballs work well for appetisers, while larger ones suit a heartier main course.
- Explore Meat Variations: Don’t hesitate to experiment with different ground meats for the meatballs. Ground turkey or a blend of pork and veal can offer unique flavour profiles, allowing you to tailor the dish to your preferences or dietary requirements.