The star of the show, Baked Halloumi! Baked to golden perfection, it adds a savoury, salty kick that’s beautifully balanced by the sweet notes of roasted pumpkin. Toss in the freshness of cherry tomatoes, the crunch of snow peas, and the leafy goodness of spinach, and you’ve got a yummy, healthy plate of food.
- 800g Butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Lemon, zest and then juiced
- 360g Halloumi, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tbs Honey or Maple Syrup
- 400g can Chickpeas, drained
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g Baby spinach leaves
- 200g Snow peas, trimmed and string removed
Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place pumpkin on a baking tray. Drizzle with a quarter of the oil, season and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, lemon rind, a quarter of the oil, halloumi and pepper to taste in a bowl and toss to combine. Place on a baking tray and bake in oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- Combine lemon juice and honey in a bowl with remaining olive oil, season to taste and mix well.
- Place chickpeas, tomatoes, spinach, snow peas, pumpkin and halloumi with the lemon honey dressing in salad bowl. Toss well and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked Haloumi, Salad, quick and easy, Vegetarian, Baked Halloumi